To shield the sincere from dirty rotten spammers, new posts await a brief delay for human review.  We'll email when you pass and/or have a message and/or you can check this space (if you see "sign in," please sign in first).

Sign in to follow this  
whyldflower

Share a Cute 2-Bedroom Apartment in Crafton - April 1st

whyldflower

Hi, Pittsburgh.

I'm an early 30s woman working a typical 9-5 job.  My income is stable, I don't make noise or have guests over at late hours, etc.  I'm pretty laid back, and seeking someone with a similar lifestyle, either a woman or gay man.  Age and race aren't important.

The apartment is the second floor of a converted single-family residence built around 1900-1920 or so, I would guess. There is lots of beautiful dark woodwork and quirky details such as interior French doors, built in shelves, and a small shared entryway. The nice thing is that there is only one other apartment, downstairs, with one other tenant. She's a single woman too, with whom I've never had any issues. The basement is unfinished, but it houses a washer and dryer for us (separate from the washer and dryer for the first floor tenant), and there is a ton of space down there if you have any items to store.

The $750 rent is split 50/50, as are the gas and electric bills (our landlords pay for the water). I can provide a modestly sized flatscreen TV, but right now, there is no cable. We just use a digital antenna to get about 15 channels. For most TV, I could take it or leave it, but if you want, we could discuss getting a package with one of the cable companies, because then we could get some better internet service. (Right now I'm using an Xfinity WiFi hotspot, which is overpriced and a bit slow.)

I'm sorry that we can't have any cats or dogs, but something in a cage or fishtank would probably be okay. There is a small, private, fenced-in area in the backyard which makes a good hangout spot if you're a smoker (no cigarettes indoors, please). I would be uncomfortable with any drug use in the apartment, but alcohol is fine as long as it doesn't turn into some kind of frat party atmosphere.

Being an older home, there is no central air, but there are window units for the bedrooms which we can use. There are also a lot of windows in the main living space so you can get some pretty good cross-breezes and ventilation. Overall it's a pretty quiet neighborhood where I've always felt safe. It's two blocks from the border of Pittsburgh city limits, so we get to have a 2% lower earned income tax rate while still being only about 5 minutes from the Greentree onramp to 376. It's a short trip to downtown, Mt. Washington, or Station Square too. It's not the most convenient place you'll find for public bus service, but it's doable. The 31 runs all 7 days of the week, but the bus stop is about a 5-10 minute walk from here.

I'm advertising the room for April 1st, but you could move in sooner if need be.  Feel free to contact me with any questions or if you would like to meet up and take a look.  Thanks!

WIN_20160221_17_14_58_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_15_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_15_26_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_15_59_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_16_10_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_17_15_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_17_44_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_18_37_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_19_31_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_19_42_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160221_17_22_33_Pro.jpg

Sign in to follow this