graceelizabeth

Looking for student roommate near downtown Toronto

graceelizabeth

Hi! My name is Grace and I'll be attending the University of Toronto in the fall for voice performance. I'm looking for a respectable, half-decent human being with at least ten live brain cells to split rent with. I'd prefer it to be another student or, if you're not studying, another person in their late teens/early twenties. 

I'm really in to music (obviously, that's what I'm majoring in), composition, art and writing. I generally get along really well with other people who are in to that kind of stuff, but as long as you don't lecture me about how the arts are hobbies and not careers, I'm open to someone with any kind of interests. 

I'm a really dedicated student but I tend to do better when I do my work/studying at school, so you won't have to worry about tiptoeing around the place all the time or anything like that.

I have piercings and tattoos. If body mods give you the heebie jeebies or you're going to say things like "ew, did that hurt??!!??!!", then I am not the roomie for you. 

I also change my hair color pretty frequently. You might leave the house with a brunette roommate and come back to a redhead. I've attached a few pics so you can see my alter egos.

I'm a vegan. No, I'm not preachy. Again, as long as you let me do my thing and don't criticize, I'll allow you the same courtesy. It would be cool to have a veggie roommate but it's not necessary. 

I'm generally pretty flexible, but there are somethings that make me go apeshit crazy. Those things are:

-Intolerance (racism, homophobia, sexism, transphobia, etc.) 

-Snooping / people touching my stuff without permission

-Passive aggression. I don't like people to be jerks either, though. I just like to address disagreements like big people and talk about problems so they can get worked out.

-PEOPLE WHO LEAVE HAIR IN THE BATHTUB. I'm a reasonably messy person but like, god. Pick it up, and throw it away, so I don't get out of the shower with half your scalp stuck to the bottoms of my feet. Thank you. Preesh. 

Other than that, I'm not picky about people. As long as you don't do any of these things and you're a respectful person who will pay rent on time, I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

Some things I do like are:

-People who will try my vegan cooking. I'm a damn good cook. I promise, even the most dedicated carnivores like the food I make. 
-Scary movies. If you will watch scary movies with me, you can be my friend for life.

-Having a social life. I will want to have people in the apartment and stuff, like friends from out of town, etc. That said, I'm not particularly rowdy or intrusive or anything so we won't be disturbing you or turning the place in to party central without you giving me the go first.

-Philosophical discussion. I tried to think of a way to say that without sounding like a pretentious asshat, but I couldn't. So there you go.

If I left anything out or you'd like to know anything more about me, message me and I'm sure we'll have a lovely chat. :)

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG