Sign in to follow this  
karen blandon

Fun loving over 55 female looking for new home

karen blandon

Hello. My name is Karen.  I am a 55+ "semi retired" female living in the south of the river suburban area of the Twin Cities in MN.  Due to some unexpected circumstances (long time former employer going out of business, unforeseen health issues, deaths in the family), I currently find myself residing with my daughter and son-in-law.  However, due to their growing family, they now need the extra space I am using, so I need to find a new place.  Because I have limited income, I have not been able to find a place of my own that I can afford.  I want to stay in the Lakeville-Apple Valley-Rosemount area as most of my family lives here and I help them out with a lot of babysitting and transporting to appt's etc.  I have 4 young grandchildren, including an adorable 8 year old grandson who has autism.  Although I currently do not have any pets, I would very much love to get a dog as soon as I get my own place.  I have owned and/or lived with dogs and other animals all my life, and sadly lost my last dog, Buddy, to liver disease a couple of years ago.  Ideally, I would like to find someone who also doesn't have a place of their own yet, and we could find and share a place together.  Currently, all my furniture and belongings have been in storage for 3 years while I  have been living with relatives and it would be nice to get it out!  I am looking for a female, preferably somewhat close in age to mine, who likes dogs and doesn't mind kids, as my grandchildren would probably be spending some time at my place.  I am home often during the day, or in and out, going to appointments, etc., since I do not work at a traditional job.  I spend several evenings and some of the weekends with my children and grandchildren as well, so I am not home a tremendous amount.  Although I'm not super compulsive about it, I do like to keep a clean/neat house--I don't like clutter! One other thing  you should know about me is when I am at home, I tend to watch a lot of TV--hopefully that doesn't bother you.  I don't have a lot of friends,, so if I were to have people over, it would probably just be my kids or my father from time to time.  Other than that, as I said before, I love animals, like to watch TV and listen to music, go out to restaurants and community events, shopping, travel, etc. I am pretty easy to get along with as long as  you clean up after  yourself and pay your half of the rent on time.  Thanks!

Sign in to follow this