To shield the sincere from dirty rotten spammers, new posts await a brief delay for human review.  We'll email when you pass and/or have a message and/or you can check this space (if you see "sign in," please sign in first).

Lisa608

Room for Rent

Lisa608

Do you like to save money while living in a spacious, bright, and comfortable place? Then don't settle for a dark basement suite when you can have a bedroom on the second floor and access to a completely furnished home! We have two bedrooms available on the east facing second floor (stays cool in the summer and nobody stomping on the ceiling!). The rooms are 9' by 12' (108 sqft) and 10' by 10' (100 sqft). Each bedroom has a closet and a window. One bedroom is furnished with a single bed, nightstand, and dresser. 

My partner and I are renting this beautiful three-bedroom half duplex and we are looking for one single person or a couple to rent our two empty bedrooms on the second floor that are available immediately. We are asking for $550 per month for both rooms (that's only $275 per room!) plus utilities (water, power, gas, and high speed WiFi internet included, about $125 per person per month). $800 security deposit required ($550 is for rent, $250 is for utilities). Six month commitment preferred, month-to-month options available.

You will save money on utilities because we have a brand new high efficiency furnace, low-flow faucets and toilets, and LED lighting.

We are looking for quiet, clean, considerate, and LGBTQ friendly roommates. Smoking is only allowed outside (please provide your own ash tray).

Potential roommates must be good communicators and must be willing to meet with other roommates on a regular basis (monthly, schedule restrictions permitting) to discuss household chores and plans that may take one roommate or both away from the house for a reasonably long stretch of time. This is nonnegotiable as it is important to have good communication between my roommates and I.

I have a pet cat who does not like other cats, so it would be preferred if you like cats but don’t own one of your own.
Other pets require approval from the landlord.

Shared:
-1200 sq ft, fully furnished, two storey half duplex
-one full bathroom and one half bathroom
-­a very large kitchen with hard wood floors, and dishwasher
-­living room with futon and TV with Netflix
-­finished basement with futon, large freezer, and shelving for extra storage
-in suite laundry
-free street parking
-backyard with BBQ, fire pit, and deck

The half duplex is located in a quiet neighborhood (Bonnie Doon) only a short walk from Faculté St Jean. Easy 15 minute bus ride to university or downtown. Safeway and Bonnie Doon Mall within walking distance.

Sorry but no: children, drugs, dogs, other cats.

Potential roommates must submit to and pay for a criminal background check (only $48) at landlord’s request. 

Backyard.jpg

Kitchen.jpg

Red Room.jpg

White Room.jpg